Account Director, Media Sales and Partnerships
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Who We Are:
@hotel is pioneering social commerce for travel. With over 45M Instagram followers across our network of 110+ destination travel accounts, @hotel has built a social audience that’s larger than the entire travel industry combined. Through Instagram DMs, we’re able to provide customers closed user group pricing on hotels that are typically 25-75% off the best publicly available rate.
We grow our audience by creating and curating inspirational travel content from all over the world—all while simultaneously providing our audience with a booking platform that helps them save big on their hotel and resort stays.
@hotel was launched in 2015 with the simple belief that if you can make travel better, you can make the world better. Our mission is to reignite our collective curiosity by revolutionizing how people travel and experience the world. If this mission resonates with you, you’re probably perfect for our team.
Spend less, travel better—these are words we live by.
We are looking for an experienced Account Director to join our growing Media Sales team. The Media Sales team is a small-but-mighty team responsible for bringing in revenue through a wide array of external partnership deals. We work with travel destination marketing organizations (DMOs) and brands to drive awareness and ROI. Our partnerships are built around leveraging the @ hotel social network of 45M+ followers across our 110+ Instagram pages. We specialize in curating social-focused, creator-made content. The Media Sales team has already 2X revenue in Q1 of 2023 and is on pace to continue growing at a rapid rate.
The Account Director will have a proven track record of developing and growing client and agency relationships. Success in this role requires a passion for selling custom content and influencer- lead campaigns, a willingness to aggressively hunt new business, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
Where You’ll Work:
Anywhere | Fully remote
We are a global team—from our leadership to our passionate content curators—with employees in nine countries across as many time zones. As a natively remote company, we value the freedom to work from anywhere.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive revenue leveraging our travel inspiration network and @hotel booking platform
- Cultivate and develop high-level client relationships on both the client and agency sides
- Increase awareness of the @hotel network and booking platform by aggressively taking meetings to build credibility and trust
- 75% of your role will focus on the pursuit of DMO’s (including major tourism- focused countries, cities, and US States and paid partnerships)
- 25% of your role will focus on the pursuit of co-branded activations and/or brand campaigns in categories relevant to the travel vertical (ex. Financial - AMEX, Experiences - Viator Tours)
- Co-develop campaign and support materials; working collaboratively with internal teams including marketing, influencer relations, social amplification, and account management
- Stay actively involved in campaign solutions, providing excellent customer service pre- and post-sales
- Provide regular updates to management on your pipeline of business, percent to goal, opportunities, and challenges
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Experience in advertising/media sales with the ability to develop, present, and sell to C-Level clients/advertising agency teams
- Demonstrated track record of achieving and exceeding revenue goals
- Well-versed in the creator economy with experience selling influencer and custom content campaigns
- Ability to partner well with internal teams to deliver the highest quality service to our clients
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Time management, business acumen, and the ability to anticipate obstacles are a must
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media preferred
- Experience within the travel vertical a plus
- 5+ years of media sales, digital agency experience, digital marketing, brand advertising, and/or online advertising experience
Our Core Values:
- Determination: As an early-stage startup, we are hyper-focused on doing the right things at a fast pace in order to hit the necessary milestones.
- Ownership: As a small, remote team across many time zones, everyone must be an independent self-starter and leader that drives results.
- Boldness: As a company going after a massive opportunity in a huge industry, we need to be originals that think big.
- Radical Hospitality: People are the most important part of any journey. We are committed to overdelivering on a human level with every stakeholder - team, customers, partners, vendors, creators, and investors.
What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive salary - Since this position is open to anywhere in the world, compensation will be adjusted to your cost of living and experience.
- Health Coverage – We offer full and subsidized options for medical, dental, and vision coverage, because your physical and mental health are a priority.
- Flexible working hours – Because we care about results over face-time and know that everyone has different life situations and productivity habits. Exact hours will depend on time zone and team structure, but we value asynchronous communication.
- Generous paid time-off – We start with 3 weeks vacation and 10 additional national holidays. We want you recharged and we’ll look forward to seeing pictures of your adventures in #watercooler Slack channel.
- Paid parental leave – for both parents and a flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Twice Annual Retreats – Because in-person connection and shared experiences matter for a remote company. We work hard and need to take time to step back, have some fun, and think strategically about what we’re building and why. Past destinations include Budapest, Saigon, Cairo, Cappadocia, and Sydney.
- Stock options in the company – Because we want everyone joining us on the journey to be an owner, both in mindset and reality.
- Learn. Grow. Repeat – We’re serious about helping you develop personally and professionally. We expect you to tell us what conferences, subscriptions, books, and courses you need to learn something new, exciting and worth the investment. We want to see our teammates grow!
If you’ve made it this far in the job description, we assume you’re invested! If it’s a fit, we’ll be in touch to schedule a time to get a conversation going.
See more open positions at Tripscout
Something looks off?