West Valley City, UT, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
Sanitation Workers will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all aspects of our food production facility and operation. This includes cleaning and sanitizing all production equipment, floors, surfaces, and walls within the kitchen, break rooms, restrooms, and office area, as well as checking and restocking supplies as needed, while following Tovala’s food safety and employee safety policies. Food sanitation workers may also be required to complete relevant food safety / quality documentation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all aspects of our food production facility and operation.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all production equipment, floors, surfaces, and walls within the kitchen, break rooms, restrooms, and office area
- Checking and restocking supplies as needed, while following Tovala’s food safety and employee safety policies
- Complete relevant food safety / quality documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently through a list of tasks, seeking guidance when needed
- Familiarity with cleaning solutions, including preparation and dilution of chemicals
Education, Experience, Licenses and Certifications:
- Food certifications and licenses as required
- Previous janitorial / sanitation experience
- Able to lift, push or pull up to fifty (50) pounds
- Able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in hot and cold temperature environments
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!