Quality Assurance Specialist I
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
Under the direction of the Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for inspecting goods produced or procured to ensure they are up to either the company or regulatory body’s standards. This job involves tasks such as running tests, keeping a record of defects, analyzing products, and overseeing procedures.
Location: 815 W Pershing
Schedule: Sun - Mon, 6:00am - 2:30pm AND Tues - Thurs, 11:00am - 7:30pm (Fridays & Saturdays off)
How you'll spend your time at Tovala
- Monitor the production process and product by sensory, weight control, and analytical methods to maintain product consistency and comply with established specifications including color, moisture, pH, weight, size, etc
- Evaluate all finished product
- Performs and documents all testing with precision and accuracy
- Identify, investigate, and communicate out-of-compliance situations and product standards to leadership team and the FSQA Manager
- Coordinate disposition and/or rework with leadership approval
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and quality management systems
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal speaking skills
- Minimum of 1 year of food manufacturing production/QA experience
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!
See more open positions at Tovala
Something looks off?