Associate Vendor Support Specialist (Part-time)
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
Location: Chicago HQ (1021 W Adams St)
This is a part-time contract role, starting at 20-30 hours per week, with potential for additional hours/conversion to permanency. Schedule can be flexible for the right candidate, but required to be during regular daytime hours.
How you'll spend your time at Tovala
- Evaluate customer orders and prepare reports with high accuracy to share with vendors to fulfill. Ensure data is processed in a timely manner.
- Create shipping labels for orders across multiple couriers. Share shipping labels with vendors in an easily traceable and efficient manner.
- Retrieve tracking information from vendors and inject into Tovala’s internal tools for processing purposes.
- Process customer post purchase emails using Tovala’s or vendors tracking information. Ensure emails are sent to the right customers at the right time.
- Partner with our Customer Service team to address customer inquiries related to order returns and replacements in a timely, professional manner and ensure appropriate resolution to any outstanding order is completed.
- Generate new vendor prospects based on predefined criteria. Contact prospects with the goal of setting up an introduction call. Track all outreach in a well documented manner.
- Closely communicate with team members to both catch and solve any identified issues.
- Log and communicate recurring issues and/or complaints to the Marketplace Team.
- With support of Marketplace Team, evaluate and integrate new tech platforms as they are integrated into existing systems
- Preference with experience working in ShipStation or other order fulfillment systems
- High school diploma
- Experience processing customer orders, preferably in D2C e-commerce platforms.
- High attention to detail with impeccable self-organization skills.
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to learn new systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills and customer orientation.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail, and high level of initiative.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and professional manner when interacting with internal personnel, customers, and partners.
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!