Senior Android Engineer
Somewear’s software platform and satellite-powered hardware enable commercial and government teams to maintain situational awareness during high-pressure operations — in any environment. Somewear serves a wide range of customers including helicopter paramedics, backcountry explorers, firefighters, and operators within the US Department of Defense. Our purpose is to build best-in-class solutions that keep people in touch, informed, and safe anywhere in the world.
We're looking for an Android Engineer to join the Somewear team! Working from our San Francisco office, Chicago office or remotely, you will help develop a platform that saves lives. Whether it's a brand new feature or improving core functionality, you'll build delightful experiences for customers that deeply rely on you. As a Somewear engineer, you’ll be working with and learning about a wide range of technology including our custom hardware, satellite tech, mesh networking, Bluetooth, sensors, 3rd party integrations and cloud services. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
Join us to make an impact
"Recently, the United States Air National Guard 131st Rescue Squadron successfully employed Somewear’s unique ATAK integration to coordinate and monitor a civilian rescue operation 1,200 miles off the U.S. Pacific coast. The consistent communications and situational awareness across rescue personnel, medical personnel, aircrafts, and the operations center led to an efficient rescue mission that took half of the expected time to complete."
Note: U.S. Persons ONLY. Please only apply if you meet this requirement.
What you'll do
- Work with Kotlin, Kotlin Multiplatform, Coroutines, Jetpack Compose, Realm
- Work with Bluetooth and USB protocols to communicate with our hotspot
- Build features for our Android application and client SDKs
- Collaborate with backend engineers to design and build APIs
- Collaborate with firmware/electrical engineers to develop and improve our protocols
- Iterate on existing and establish new engineering standards, tools, and processes
- Bring new features from concept to shipped product
We’re looking for someone that’s
- Developed on Android for 5+ years
- Passionate about understanding users and building life saving features
- Eager to get their hands dirty across the stack
- Excited by tough technical challenges
- Capable of taking ownership and brings an idea from conception to shipping a product
What you'll love about Somewear
- You will own projects end-to-end that will help shape our product
- You will be challenged technically to iterate quickly and develop across the stack
- You will work with an ambitious and motivated team that likes to have fun
- You will help define the culture and process of the engineering team
- You will have direct access to senior leadership and impact the company’s growth