Embedded Software Engineer
One of the big challenges product manufacturers face is to meet the market demand for battery-operated, always-on, always-sensing products without sacrificing sensing capabilities, maintaining reasonable battery-life, and keeping data secure and local.
Aspinity's novel and patented analog machine learning (ML) solution marks a paradigm shift in the way sensor data is analyzed for a multitude of end-user applications. Just as the brain makes sense of its multi-modal sensory input by focusing higher-order cognition on salient characteristics, Aspinity enables developers to extract "sense" from sensors before the data is even digitized, which reduces power consumption and allows the system to focus higher power compute resources on relevant information. With already established applications to voice control, sound classification, machinery monitoring, and distributed power grid monitoring, Aspinity's programmable analog processing technology is positioned to be the key abstraction layer for the physical world at a time when new user interface paradigms (touch to voice to …) and new monitoring capabilities are transforming industries. Join us as we build this new analogML framework!
Aspinity is looking to hire an experienced embedded software and algorithm engineer with a focus on developing and deploying high-performance application software for Aspinity’s revolutionary analog processor solution. You will be responsible to design, develop, and deploy production-quality application software to run on Aspinity’s analog processor in targeted customer applications.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design application code for embedded systems using complex programmable analog circuits and microcontrollers, targeted for specific sensor applications
- Specify and design functions to be implemented into an embedded core using electrical circuits, microcontroller peripherals, and software algorithms
- Develop and implement algorithms into production software optimized for analog signal processing
- Integrate, test, and release application-specific libraries and software development kits
- Interface with customers/partners to support end-product integration and system optimization
- BSEE/CPE/CS degree with ~5 years of relevant industry experience in application design and software development
- Expert in Embedded C/C++/Python/Octave/Matlab with experience in signal processing, communications, multimedia or similar performance-oriented domain
- Experience with signal processing—including machine learning, signal detection, and optimization techniques; Experience with analog signal processing is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following sensor application areas: audio/voice, vibration monitoring, touch/proximity, biosensing, electric/magnetic fields
- Experience with design, implementation, and development environments for reconfigurable systems (such as FPGAs)
- Ability to create, read, and understand computer models developed in Simulink, etc.
- Understanding of electrical circuit design and debug
- Experience in semiconductor industry—pre-silicon verification and prototype development of early silicon a major plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment; Able to adapt to change quickly and effectively—including prioritizing tasks
- Strong on attention to detail and making sure issues and tasks get followed through to completion
- Located in Pittsburgh, PA (preferred)
Something looks off?